I recently posted a comment about photography formats on RAW vs. JPEG and was wondering what the common thought is on this subject. I found an interesting link on Raw vs. JPEG . The article has some good tips and a link to a Flickr Discussion group on the topic. I especially liked the tips posted about the different software you can use to process RAW images.
Here is an excerpt from the Raw vs. JPEG website on the different software:
What software is good to use with Raw?
• Microsoft RAW Image Thumbnailer and Viewer for Windows XP (essential for Windows based photographers)
• Picasa (Free!)
• RawShooter Premium (recently bought by Adobe)
• ACD See (for Digital Asset Management)
• Portfolio Extensis 8 (for Digital Asset Management)
• iView Media Pro (DAM, recently bought by Microsoft)
• Adobe Lightroom (beta)
• the software that came with your camera
• more software comes out all the time…